Saturday, August 19, 2006

Small Steps

Small Steps by Louis Sachar

Category: Teen Fiction Grade: B+

OK, so its a kids book. Sachar's well known book (and more recently a movie) is called and it was actually pretty good and this one takes place in Austin (Sachar is an Austinite), so I decided to give this one a try. It isn't really a sequel to Holes, but it does feature a couple of the kids from that book - Armpit and X-Ray. There's nothing really fancy about this story - it deals with ticket scalping and a very sheltered rock star. It only took about 3 hours to read and that was because I was watching a basketball game at the same time.

All in all, it was a decent story and good writing. It's aimed at teens so there's nothing fancy about it, but I enjoyed it.

The book is only about 200 pages long with big print. Since I don't want the review to be longer than the book, I'll quit now.

No comments: