Friday, August 26, 2005

More books?

The finally tally for the summer is 36 books, not counting the two laydowns. The winners of the summer are:

Best Fiction:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowlings
Until I Find You by John Irving
Freddy and Fredericka by Mark Helprin -- winner of the "surprise of the summer" award

Best Non-Fiction:
109 East Palace by Jenet Connan
Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
Unforgiveable Blackness by Geoffrey C. Ward

I've enjoyed doing the reviews and will probably continue. It'd be nice, though, if anybody's out there. If you're still with me, post a comment so I know you're there. Would be nice to know if you've tried anything off the list and what you thought of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I check your blog from time to time. The kids' blogs are a good way to keep up with them. Holger has more time for reading than I do. I've suggested that he look at your blog. It's interesting. Keep doing it.

Karen